Instagram which is a well-known photo and video sharing social networking service has been around since its launching in 2010 and has so far maintained a high level of popularity by its captivating features and functionality. With over a billion users globally, it is the perfect platform to gain popularity and grow businesses.
Just like other social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, Instagram offers exciting features to its users. On Instagram, every user gets to post a photo or video which displays on the user profile. Followers to your user account can see and like your shared posts and as well comment.
Also, Instagram allows users to send private messages across to other users as well, whether they are being followed or not. The service also allows users to save photos online, and upload media (photos and video) that can be edited with filters and placed by hashtags.
As for innovation, the social media platform has upgraded its features to better enhance the user experience by launching accessibility features for uploaded videos on Instagram Reels and Stories to enable creators to place closed captions on their content.
Instagram has evolved to become a must-have social media application as it keeps buzzing with new features and rebranded setups yearly.
- How to access Instagram
- How to create an Instagram account on Android and iOS devices
- How to create an Instagram account on a desktop
- Frequently asked questions
How to access Instagram
For you to create an Instagram account, you’ll first need to have access to the social media platform, and you can do this via;
- •Web browsers such as Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Edge browser, etc. All you have to do is launch the web browser and enter the instagram.com URL to sign up.
- Mobile app from the google play store on android and Apple App store on iOS devices. Search for the app using Instagram as the search word and then download and install.
How to create an Instagram account on Android and iOS devices
To create an Instagram account, kindly follow the steps given below:
1. Install Instagram app
2. Launch Instagram app
After installation of the Instagram app into your device, launch the app by tapping on it.
3. Sign up
When the app opens and the display page comes up, tap on sign up to begin the process of opening your Instagram account.
4. Phone number or email registration
To continue the process, you must provide either an email address or a mobile phone number. Tap on next after entering these details. Because of the Meta connection existing between Instagram and Facebook, you can also open an Instagram account using your Facebook details.
5. Username and password
Here, you’ll be required to create a strong password that will serve as your private access key to your Instagram account. You should input a password that cannot be guessed easily. Preferably one comprising of letters and figures.
Your username is the name you want your followers to recognize you by, subsequently, you can also change it as you may wish, same is also applicable to your password.
6. Confirmation code
To verify your account, a 6-digit code will be sent across to you for confirmation. This could come as an SMS or an email, open and enter the code into the Instagram confirmation page on display.
As you proceed further, you’ll be prompted to continue and sync contacts or continue without syncing contacts.
7. Set up an account
Congratulations! You have successfully created an Instagram account. What you have to do now is to upload a profile picture and create your Instagram bio. Also, you’ll need to set up your profile and create an avatar.
Afterward, tap on the NEXT button. Now your newly created Instagram account is activated.
After creating your Instagram account, you can find friends to connect with from facebook or perhaps from your contacts. However, Instagram may suggest a few popular accounts which you can follow. You can choose to follow your friends and family on the platform, favorite artists, and celebrities.
Explore the platform by showing off your best moments, creativity, photos, songs, and any other talents you are excited to share.
How to create an Instagram account on a desktop
Opening an Instagram account on a desktop is quite similar to android and iOS devices. Here’s how to go about it:
• On your desktop computer, launch a web browser (chrome, firefox, or edge).
• Click on the URL address box and type in Instagram.com
• Once the home page loads, click on the sign-up link on display.
• After clicking on sign up, a form pops up for you to fill in your details.
• On the sign-up form you will be required to fill in the following details; valid email address, full name, a username of your choice, and a strong password.
• Afterward, click on the “Sign Up” icon at the bottom of the form page.
• Congratulations, you have successfully created your Instagram account.
Enter your account page and edit your profile by adding any information of your choice. To optimize your Instagram account, it is necessary for you to customize your Instagram profile by uploading a profile photo, adding a link to your website if any, and a brief bio.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can. It is also possible to open up to 5 Instagram accounts on one device and switch between them whenever you want.
However, to enjoy this feature, you must be using the latest version of the Instagram mobile app.
To do this, you’ll require commitment and the following:
1. Instagram bio optimization
2. Frequent creative content posting
3. Timely posting
4. Familiarize with other users
5. Collaborate with quality influencers
6. Apply the right hashtags
Yes, absolutely. You can have an Instagram account and not have a Facebook account. During the Instagram sign-up process and log-in option, you don’t need to sign up or log in with Facebook, it is optional.